Thursday, November 6, 2008

Are You Happy Now?

Are you jumping for joy? You won! The law has now been amended to include discrimination (as stated by Liz).

Let me say that again,
The law has been amended to INCLUDE discrimination. Are you happy now?

What backwards times we have entered. I completely understand the Christian argument. However, I have to ask, how will gay marriages effect you???

I did not say, why are you against it. I know why you're against it. The question is: HOW WILL IT EFFECT YOU PERSONALLY??? In no way will it affect what your personal values or beliefs are. Those are things that only you can change (not some law)!

I'm going to repost something one of my friends wrote. Despite the outrage from the general public, he wrote something very cool, calm, and collected. You would expect he might be angry, because this overturned law DOES effect him directly.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
From: B
Date: Nov 5, 2008 5:19 AM


As many of you have probably heard/read prop 8 was passed and it is now illegal for same sex marriges. Making homosexuals second class citizens.


As im sure many are angry and saddened by this, and in no way am i excluded for as many of you know im engaged, i ask you not to lose hope.


If there is a will, there is a way. This act is unconstitutional, and violates our rights as citizens in this country, one way or another same sex marriage will be legal...eventually.


We just need to bide our time and build our reserve to do something about it, this is definitely not a time to lash out and be angry at those we "think" voted yes. We can group them as the "Straights" or the "Christians" but if we decide to act hostile and harsh we make ourselves no better then those rallying at every street corner in favor of proposition 8.


Like i said im extremely saddened and disheartened to find out that we live in a state, which we consider extremely liberal, where people would ban the rights of others, but its only a matter of time till things work themselves out.


In the mean time lets just stay classy and keep our heads up high, and definitely dont let them think that they have "won" b/c really, they've lost. The have ugly souls and wrinkled hearts and for that i pity them, and hope that one day they will find contentment within themselves and quit spewing negativity out on others.


Hang in there guys, and trust me, i will be getting married...
-B
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quit trying to make everyone conform to your religious ideals. Just ask yourself: Does allowing equal rights make make life any different? There is no reason to address this issue from a religious point of view. It's not a question of religion. It's a question of equality!!! Everyone deserves that! Otherwise, maybe consider moving to another state, where they share your ignorant, closed minded, archaic point of view.

Peace and Love (for ALL of God's creatures),
BrattyDan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To B,

I want to thank you for your calm and positive attitude. It's people like you who eventually get things done in this country!

I'm straight AND Christian and I whole-heartedly voted NO on 8!!

There IS a will, and there WILL be a way, and I'm sure you are going to have a very beautiful wedding!
:)

Unknown said...

I'll forward your response to B. He'll appreciate it.

Melissa said...

I agree completely too. I voted NO on 8. As a Christian I understand the religious point of view, but I agree that this was NOT a question of religion, not at all!!! I wasn't voting on whether homosexuality was right or wrong...who am I to judge? I voted on equal civil rights! I'm still kind of in shock that there are so many out there with such closed minds. It's great to see that your friend has an amazing attitude about it though, and that he won't lower himself to that level. One day our generation will be in charge of things and I believe that's when we'll see some changes.