Monday, November 3, 2008

Go Vote!

I'm not going to tell anyone else how to vote, but please go do it! However, do yourself a favor, think and research beforehand so you can avoid feeling like an ass later.

There are some issues which I feel have not been well thought through by those who are voting. There are certain religious viewpoints which prohibit some people from seeing the greater picture.

What I want to say is..... Everyone is a creature of God, including "Adam and Steve". To my fellow followers of Jesus Christ may I recommend you read Matthew Chapter 7. And if you continue to feel it is your place to judge others, then so be it.

I'd also like to remind people of the golden rule! There is a reason we call it the Golden Rule. Perhaps because it is extremely important to remember!!! Why do most 6 year olds understand it, but so many adults can't or have simply forgotten?



Your vote counts! Please use it wisely and in a way that is constitutional and treats all United States citizens fairly and with the greatest deal of respect, regardless of your personal feelings or religion!

Don't base your vote on the idea that some preconceived definition of a word might change! I know.... change can be scary! Hahaha!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So simple, yet so many seem to forget the importance of the Golden Rule! I've been discussing this to no end with my ultra-conservative family. I can't wait to see what happens. I voted!!!

Unknown said...

Boggles my mind that people feel threatened by gay marriage. In no way does it make heterosexual marriage any less valid or sacred. People who don't agree with it don't ever have to acknowledge it or accept it!!!

Gay marriage won't change anything for my child either. So i wish people would stop using children as an argument against gay marriage!

Anonymous said...

Amen.
Too bad people aren't ready to put aside thier own fears and prejudices and embrace diversity equality.
Since when do we amend laws to include discrimination?